Introducing Tagger Link Tracking - a powerful new way to enhance your influencer campaigns. With Tagger Link Tracking, you have one centralized place to create, manage and report on your custom links so you can forget about manually organizing endless bit.ly links in spreadsheets. Let's get started!
1. Basic Setup
When setting up a new campaign, there are several options in Basic Settings that you can set to apply to all links like a Default Domain or Default Shortcode (unless customized at a later step).
Use Domains and Shortcodes to personalize each link in your campaign to make it unique, memorable and click-friendly by adding your own flair, like tag.gs/MyProduct_JaneInfluencer
- Default Domain - All links within this campaign, unless individually changed, will feature the selected domain. If you would like to inquire about using a different, custom domain, please contact your CS Manager for more information.
- Default Destination URL - All links within this campaign, unless individually changed, will click through to this destination URL.
- Default Shortcode - All links within this campaign, unless individually changed, will use this custom shortcode. You can create naming conventions by entering custom text that will appear at the end of each link and/or use the proposed slugs to include values that will update dynamically. Shortcodes are truncated after 22 characters.
All Short Links must be connected to a draft to effectively track the performance with that particular piece of content. Within Planning, you can set the Domain, Destination URL, Shortcode & Link Placement for each content type you've added to a Group. For example, say you're an e-commerce brand, you can direct all Instagram Stories in the campaign to drive to a shoe product and all Instagram Photos to direct to a new shirt.
- Domain - This link will feature the selected domain. If you would like to inquire about using a different, custom domain, please contact your CS Manager for more information.
- Destination URL - This link will click-through to this destination URL.
- Link Placement - This is where you would like the creator to feature the link (i.e. "link in bio" for an IG photo, "swipe up" for an IG story).
- Custom Shortcode - Create naming conventions by entering custom text that will appear at the end of each link and/or use the proposed slugs to include values that will update dynamically.
Once Planning has been completed, you will find these link details in the Proposal for all Creators added to that Group. If you'd like, for each creator, you can edit/customize all of the individual Link settings for each content draft. This is particularly useful if you have creators driving to particular destinations depending on the content. For example, you may want the destination for Creator A to drive to a Floral Shirt but for Creator B, you would like the destination to be a Polka Dot shirt. With this level of flexibility, you can create advanced link campaigns.
After the Proposal has been accepted and the Creator is hired, you will find the Drafts in Content Management. Open the draft to see the specific link details for that piece of content. Hover over the link if you would like to further configure or edit the link. Link edits can be made up until the content has moved to the Publication phase & and the content has been requested to be published. At this point in the content workflow, we lock the shortcode so your creators never accidentally use the wrong or inactive link and send people to the wrong destination.
Automatically collect & view all click activity with your Tagger Links in Reporting. You can see the total clicks on the Campaign broken out by Day, Platform, Creator or Content. We continually refresh stats every few minutes to ensure you have the most accurate data at your fingertips.
Over the next few months, we plan to release several updates for Tagger Link Tracking including support for 3rd-party Pixels from Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as an advanced UTM builder. Please contact your CS manager for any questions about Tagger Link Tracking.
Pricing for Advanced Features
If you would like to use a custom domain (as opposed to our tag.gs domain), there are 2 associated costs:
- $50 per month per custom domain to account for costs that we incur on our end.
- To ensure that your link is as secure as possible, there is a one-time $200 cost associated with setting the link up with additional https functionality. This is not required but recommended.
If you have questions on custom domain usage, don't hesitate to reach out to your CS manager.